The KPC CESF
Applications for the KPC Christian Education Scholarship are now available in the main foyer. Qualifications include: Being a KPC member, attending a Christian school (grade K5 or higher) Christian college or homeschool, and having a financial need. The deadline to return your completed application is Sunday, April 14th. This fund enables our families to afford to give their children a distinctively Biblical education, so we are still gladly accepting tax-deductible gifts. A special offering will be taken on April 14.
On the "apply my gift to" dropdown menu select "Scholarship Fund."
Since 2005, KPC’s Christian Education Scholarship Fund has awarded over $300,000 to hundreds of families who have desired to send their children to a Christian school, college or university. The purpose of the Scholarship Fund is to assist families in removing the financial obstacles for those parents (who are KPC members) sincerely seeking Christian education for their children. Over the years, the KPC church family has generously contributed to the Fund out of a commitment to investing in Christian education. Think about the impact that this has had on the kingdom of God! In the years to come, we are expecting to see many more KPC young people prepared for principled leadership by Biblically-based Christian education. Awards from this fund (which differ in amount every year) will have Godly effects on their lives, families, careers and ministry.
Tax-deductible contributions are made to the Fund by donors and distributed to KPC members and their families for use for Christian elementary, secondary, and higher education expenses. Applications for assistance are submitted to a committee that approves and distributes assistance according to Session approved guidelines. The Fund is not simply a means for families to channel funds and get a tax-deduction, and the application/approval process assures that gifts are not simply earmarked. Rather, it is a means of connecting those in the KPC family who wish to support Christian education with those families who are in need. The goal is to remove the financial obstacles for those parents sincerely seeking Christian education for their children.
1. Checks are payable to Kempsville Presbyterian Church and directed to a line item in the budget titled “KPC Christian Education Scholarship Fund” or make a donation online by visiting here.
2. Session will approve a committee to include an active Elder. The committee will convene as frequently as is necessary and report at least semi-annually to the Session at its regularly stated meetings.
3. Applications for the upcoming school year will be available in February and due the next month.
4. The committee will receive and review applications for assistance. Awards recipients will be notified in May.
5. Annual assistance per student shall not exceed $2,500. Annual assistance per family shall not exceed $5,000.
6. Criteria for grants will be based on approval of the school, demonstration of need, active involvement of parents in their children’s education, and membership at KPC.
7. The committee will create and maintain a list of approved institutions for which assistance is available. In general, these shall include private Christian schools, colleges and universities, and home schools.
8. Financial assistance will be made payable to the institution or, in the case of home schools, to the family after verification of use of funds for school materials.
9. The committee will see to it that effective communication about the program is being made with the congregation and the Session.
For further information about giving to the fund or applying for a scholarship contact Max Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-715-0020.