KPC CHRISTIAN EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Applications for the 2024-25 KPC Christian Education Scholarship Program are now being accepted. Applications for the Program are available at the church or from Max Lyons (email: email@example.com). Qualifications include: KPC membership, attending a Christian school (grade K5 or higher), a Christian college or homeschool, and financial need. The deadline to return your completed application is Sunday, April 14th. You can give by placing a check in the offering plate or online. Please write “Christian Education Scholarship Program” on the memo line.
About the Scholarship Fund
Since 2005, KPC’s Christian Education Scholarship Fund has awarded over $400,000 to hundreds of families who have desired to send their children to a Christian school, college or university. The purpose of the Scholarship Fund is to assist families in removing the financial obstacles for those parents (who are KPC members) sincerely seeking Christian education for their children. Over the years, the KPC church family has generously contributed to the Fund out of a commitment to investing in Christian education. Think about the impact that this has had on the kingdom of God! In the coming years, we expect to see many more KPC young people prepared for principled leadership by Biblically-based Christian education. Awards from this fund (which differ in amount yearly) will have Godly effects on their lives, families, careers, and ministry.
About Making Contributions
Tax-deductible contributions are made to the Fund by donors and distributed to KPC members and their families for use for Christian elementary, secondary, and higher education expenses. Applications for assistance are submitted to a committee that approves and distributes assistance according to Session approved guidelines. The Fund is not simply a means for families to channel funds and get a tax-deduction, and the application/approval process assures that gifts are not simply earmarked. Rather, it is a means of connecting those in the KPC family who wish to support Christian education with those families who are in need. The goal is to remove the financial obstacles for those parents sincerely seeking Christian education for their children.
On the "apply my gift to" dropdown menu select "Scholarship Fund."
About Scholarship Guidelines
1. Checks are payable to Kempsville Presbyterian Church and directed to a line item in the budget titled “KPC Christian Education Scholarship Fund,” or donate online by visiting here.
2. The session will approve a committee to include an active Elder. The committee will convene as frequently as necessary and report at least semi-annually to the session at its regularly stated meetings.
3. Applications for the upcoming school year will be available in February and due the next month.
4. The committee will receive and review applications for assistance. Award recipients will be notified in May.
5. Annual assistance per student shall not exceed $2,500. Annual assistance per family shall not exceed $5,000.
6. Criteria for grants will be based on approval of the school, demonstration of need, active involvement of parents in their children’s education, and membership at KPC.
7. The committee will create and maintain a list of approved institutions for assistance. These shall include private Christian schools, colleges and universities, and home schools.
8. Financial assistance will be made payable to the institution or, in the case of home schools, to the family after the use of funds for school materials is verified.
9. The committee will see that effective communication about the program is being made with the congregation and the Session.